Register    Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » General » General Discussion

Post subject: GW2
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:10 pm 

For those that might want something to read.

http://www.mmorpg.com/showFeature.cfm/l ... nally.html

Post subject: Re: GW2
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:49 am 

Heya Jan! I've played a bit of guild wars 2 and I enjoy the game itself quite a bit. I'm only level 7 or so, so I clearly haven't played much, but what I have has been pretty good. My main problem with the game is how horrendous the optimization is, at least for me. I'm running on almost as high end a PC as you can get(4.2ghz i7, overclocked gtx 680) and the performance is god awful. I frequently dip below 40 FPS, and get what looks like screen tearing regardless of my framerate and v sync settings. This is even with some effects turned down a bit. While the game certainly looks very nice, it's by no means a technical showcase in my opinion, and such terrible performance is almost inexcusable. It's so strange to be able to max out Crysis 2, and The Witcher 2, but not a relatively simple MMO.

Have you noticed any similar performance issues? I've been reading around the forums and it seems like performance isn't great for anybody but reports of such severe issues are rare, and seemingly more common from nVidia users. I really want to play and enjoy the game but technical issues are tarnishing the experience for me.

Anyway I'm a low level human ranger on"Fort Aspenwood" server at the moment. I've got a RL buddy on that server so that's why i went with it, at least for the time being. Might transfer sometime in the future though, and your server would be a likely destination.

GW2 thread? GW2 thread.

Board index » General » General Discussion